After my successful weigh in on Saturday, I wanted to keep the momentum going. I enjoy using my Sunday Mornings to Menu Plan and find new recipes to try. Life has gotten too busy for me to do much of my own creating in the kitchen. It is nice to have so many resources to help you plan.
Top 5 Resources/Blogs for Busy Mom Healthy Menu Planning:
- Pinterest-Not a blog but a great resource to find great healthy food bloggers. The pictures of all the great food people create in their kitchens always gets me. I do find some duds after I create the recipe in my own kitchen but usually, it lives up to the picture. I also like that I can save my pictures onto my boards as well as Pin other recipes I find on the internet.
- Skinnytaste- Although this website has more Weight Watcher focused recipes, Gina does post a lot of ways to modify the recipes to meet other dietary requirements. I love her Instant Pot recipes! She also posts a great weekly Menu Plan as well!
- Wholesomelicious- Almost all the recipes posted are Gluten-Free, Paleo, and/or Whole 30 and can easily be adapted. I have pinned so many recipes from this site to try. One of the recipes in my weekly roundup below is from this blog. Last week I made the Creamy and Smoky Chipotle Pork Chops and they were amazing!
- Physical Kitchness– Fellow busy Mom with lots of easy recipes and workouts that you can do in the comfort of your own home. Lots of great tips on how to menu plan and a free Whole 30 Menu Plan resource!
- Primavera Kitchen– A recipe blog with so many simple nutritious dishes. My lunch idea was inspired by a Pin I found this week. Most recipes can be made in 30 minutes or less.
Here is my menu plan for the week. It is a little recipe light because at the end of the week my daughter and husband will be traveling for a soccer tournament. I plan on doubling recipes at the beginning the week to use as leftovers at the end of the week. We will see how it works out.
Same old–Same old. Chocolate Protein Shake with 1 tbsp of powder peanut butter and 3 ice cubes. Why mess with success!
My husband requested something a little bit different this week. He is sick of soups and stews. I get it! Trust me! Soups and stews are just the easiest things for me make quickly and in large quantity on the weekends. After doing some searching for another recipe that would be that quick and easy, I stumbled across this recipe. I doubled the recipe and now have a great tasting lunch that is not chili. This picture truly does not do this lunch justice!
Instant Pot Creamy Southwest Chicken (Paleo, Whole30): (Picture Above)
Mustard Balsamic Pork Chops with Rosemary: (Picture Coming)
Mexican Shrimp Burrito Bowl: (Picture Coming)
I needed a few quick dishes this week and wanted to take advantage of the sale on boneless chicken thighs and center cut pork chops. These recipes did not disappoint! I did change the recipe a bit for each dish. Instead of arrowroot flour in the chicken recipe, I used tapioca flour. For the pork recipe, I used coconut aminos instead of balsamic. I loved the recipe simplicity but hate balsamic. For the shrimp dish, I asked what would be some great options for substituting for the corn. I have decided on using diced zucchini. It is that easy to change a recipe into something you know your family will enjoy.
What is cooking in your kitchen this week?