Weight Loss Journey Update:
As you can see above I had a small loss this week, and I am not even disappointed. My week last week started with one of my kiddos being diagnosed with the flu. Having multiple sick kids, staying home with sick kids, and still doing the rest of the routine with the other children could have been a recipe for a food disaster. Thankfully I had my menu planned and stuck with it. My total loss for the month of January is -7.2. That is amazing! I also worked out 3 times last week. I used nap time for my little as a time to get some movement in. The winter can make you a little stir crazy and going outside for a walk has not really been an option as of late.
Menu Plan Week 4: (Recipe Round-Up)
This week I am going to change it up a little bit. After speaking with my nutritionist, she suggested that I try adding oats to my breakfast menu rotation twice this week. Oatmeal was something I loved to make in big batches and eat when I got to school. Now that my schedule has changed this year, I don’t have time in the morning to eat it. Plus it didn’t really fit into my low carb meal plan. I am going to give overnight oats a try this week on Monday and Thursday and see what happens. With the oats, I have made a breakfast “meatballs”. Huge thank you to Megan Olson, founder of Skinny Fitalicious LLC for giving me this idea. (More exciting news about her amazing new menu planning service this week!). Together they make a tasty breakfast. On the other days, I will stick with my protein shake.
I am not feeling chilis and stews this week. Sometimes I get to this point and looking for lunch inspiration on Pinterest really helped me find something new to bring in my lunchbox. I made my version of Thai Chicken Skillet with Spicy Peanut Sauce. With a few ingredient swaps, this recipe can be Whole 30/Keto compatible. I will be posting the recipe this week. I promise it will be something you will want to try!
I have some great recipes planned for this week. Most take 30 minutes or less to prepare and cook. My goal this week was to mix up my proteins this week, to add some variety to my menu.
- Pressure Cooker Stewed Chicken with Corn (Pollo Guisado con Maiz) from Skinnytaste (This recipe is one of my husband’s favorite dishes from the pressure cooker. The flavors are intense and the kids love the corn.
- Sheet Pan Shrimp and Sausage “Boil”– Mom on the Run Orginal- The recipe is very similar to my Healthy Foil Shrimp and Sausage Boil Packs only you bake right on a sheet pan. You will not find a simpler recipe that tastes great and takes minutes to prepare.
- Mom on the Run Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs with Whole 30 Approved BBQ Sauce- I have perfected my recipe for fall off the bone ribs that beat any restaurants hands down. I will be also adding this recipe to my collection this week.
- Easy Paleo Pesto Baked Chicken (Whole 30)– From Paleo Running Momma: This recipe is a one dish 30-minute meal that I know my family will enjoy. I am going to bake some summer squash for a complete meal.
- Sweet Mustard Sheet Pan Chicken: from The Whole Cook: Anything that I can make with one pan is always a must on my menu plan.
Let me know if you try any recipes from the Menu Plan. I would love to hear your recipe reviews and if you made any adjustment to meet your families needs.