Just another Manic Monday! The one highlight of my day was avoiding the snow storm they kept warning us about all last week. There is one thing that we do not need anymore of in New England….Snow. What we need more of is warmer temperatures so I can go back on the road to train!
Mondays are my least favorite days to be in the kitchen. I usually try to be as prepared as possible so that I have something Point Plus worthy waiting for my family to eat after a long day back into the routine of school and work. I usually try to have something going in my crock-pot to make it even easier. What I love about the crock-pot is that you throw healthy ingredients in and forget about it until you come home to a delicious aroma. There is nothing like it! With very little effort dinner is ready to go with time to workout and even catch your favorite nightly show (lately I have been really into Nashville and Reign).
- ¾ Cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp southwest seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ pounds skinless boneless chicken breast
- Optional: ½ cup broccoli slaw
- FF Cheese
- 8 Light Whole Wheat Rolls
- Stir together ketchup,honey,mustard, apple-cider vinegar, southwest seasoning, allspice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in the bottom of the crock-pot. Sprinkle sliced onions over chicken. Pour sauce over chicken and onions.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and shred chicken with 2 forks. Serve chicken on roll with broccoli slaw and fat free cheese.
*Points Plus Values calculated by Mom on the Run. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International.
Do you have a favorite Slow-Cooker recipe? I am thinking about hosting a Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Recipe Link-Up. I just need to figure out how to run something like that! Let me know if you are interested in participating.
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment
Leave a comment